Good day,I need advice in joint homeloan...

Asked by Nellas on 26-01-2022 16:58:29
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day,

I need advice in joint homeloan accounts please. 

I married a man that used and did me in with a lot of money, he had his own business which he run into the ground, after a fight that got physical I decided to get away as quick as possible. He made empty promises of paying back. There are so many I can share but want to get to point:

My problem is now we have a joint home loan i would like to get out of it without it costing me anything, he is staying in this house, he once spoke to my laywer were he would make an agreement that he wil be responsible for paying the homeloan by himself but he never returned and I had to pay the legal fees. What are my option that I can do?

Please can anyone help me? I have read that you can ask to pay out your shares? But if i can just get my name off that will also be great? 

He runs a business from the property but I believe with his business going inder he does not have a good record. He also ruined my credit score.. 

Thank you

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.