I was contacted on the 24th of April by ...

Asked by NicoleJ on 26-04-2022 10:59:41
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Western Cape

I was contacted on the 24th of April by sms & from there it was done via email. I've already send a copy of my ID but when he asked for me to open an account & I searched the internet to do so I few sites popped up that placed me in doubt. I really need help I can't afford to loose anymore I've basically already lost everything and is now fighting to keep my daughter. If there is anyone out there that can help I'm begging upon my knees, please....

Hello,Thanks for your response,

  I am Jonathan Haskel C.B.E Member of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), Bank Of England(http://www.bankofengland.co.uk).Please ignore the length of this message and take your time to read this message for your understanding.This is very important.

I am contacting you concerning a deceased customer and an investment he placed under our bank's management Five (5) years ago. I would respectfully request that you keep the content of this mail confidential and respect the integrity of the information you come by as a result of this mail.I contacted you independently of our investigation and no one is informed of this communication.I would like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you.

In 2017, the subject matter was Dr Thomas J. Joubert (Neurologist) , now deceased, came to our bank to engage in business discussions with our private banking division. He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of £4,000,000.00 (Four Million British Pounds) which he wished to have us turn over (invest) on his behalf. I was the accounting officer assigned to his transaction, I made numerous suggestions in line with my duties as the De-facto chief operations officer of the private investment banking department, especially given the volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on numerous occasions prior to any investments being placed.

In mid-2018, Dr Thomas J. Joubert money liquidated because he needed to make an urgent landed property investment requiring cash payments in Spain. And since he will be frequentingthe United Kingdom later that year, he directed that I liquidate the funds and oversee that it is deposited in a security vault in any low-key but formidable private bank in the United Kingdom. I informed him that the Bank of England will have to make special arrangments to have this done and in order not to circumvent due process, the bank would have to make a 9.5 % deduction from the funds to cater for banking and statutory charges. I contacted my affiliate here in the United Kingdom and after due consultations, the funds were made available and transferred to Global Access Private Bank Limited in Scotland. The deceased told me he wanted the money there in anticipation of his arrival from SOUTH AFRICA later that week. This was the last communication we had which transpired around 25th October 2018. In June last year, we got a call from Global Access Private Bank Limited informing us of the dormant activity of that particular portfolio.

I made efforts to locate the deceased-but it was unsuccessful. I immediately passed the task of locating him to the internal investigations department at our bank. Four days later, information started to trickle in, apparently our client has passed on. A person who suited his description was declared dead in Cannes, South of France. We were soon enough able to verify the story, his death certificate and cause of death was confirmed. He died of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, aged 64.In his bio-data form, he listed no next of kin

According to practice, the bank will by the end of this financial year, broadcast a request for statements of claim - failure to receive any legally backed claims, they will revert the deposit to Bristol and West or the United Kingdom Treasury Department, and the portfolio will be be my command and out of the hands of Global Access Private Bank Limited.This will not happen if I have my way.


I am prepared to share the money with you in half. That means I wish to front you as the next of kin, present you with the necessary documents and have them release the deposit to you. We share the proceeds 50/50. I would have gone ahead to ask the funds be released to me, but that would have drawn a straight line to me and my involvement in claiming the deposit

You share a peculiar detail with the late fellow-in this case, you both are from the same country Joubert,l am prepared to place you in a position to instruct Global Access Private Bank Limited to release the deposit to you as the sole beneficiary and next of kin.

I await your urgent response.

Best Regard

Jonathan Haskel

Bank Of England (http://www.bankofengland.co.uk)

United Kingdom.

Show quoted text

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 02-05-2022 14:04:43

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.


Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.