Good evening Sir, I sit with a major pro...

Asked by Natesha on 04-11-2022 19:50:47
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good evening Sir, I sit with a major problem regarding my landlord. I moved into her property about 9 months ago and the walls have turned extremely moldy due to a leakage from the shower which I informed her about months ago, I don't have cupboards in my bedroom and all our rooms are extremely moldy and all I us has been sick since we moved into her property. She promised that it will be fixed but this far none has been done. I am behind with my rent with one month plus deposit and have agreed with the landlord to pay it off but now she wants to evict me with one day notice and I have 4 children whom is 7 months old twins. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.