Hi there, I run my own small company and...

Asked by Vanessa on 11-01-2023 07:57:51
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

Hi there, I run my own small company and have been subjected to my first very abusive client and would like to know what the correct law to refer to is, if I would like to cancel our working contract, based on her making it so unbearable through verbal and public abuse and slandering, that my staff have said they would rather resign than continue working on her site. 

Surely there must be some law I can refer to that overrides my company's terms and conditions in cases like this allowing you to cancel, it's basically like a constructive dismissal in an employer/employee relationship except its a company/client.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.