I would like to query i applied for a pr...

Asked by Anonymous on 03-04-2024 07:04:00
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

I would like to query i applied for a protection order for domestic abuse yesterday was our date to appear which i did not show up as i wished to not continue with it but it was made final in my absence i don't know if i can get it lifted as i want to work things out with my child's father please advice me what to do or say to get if withdrawn and what is,the procedure  or can i get into trouble if i feel i don't want to have it anymore  I'm not married we are together for 2years 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.