Good dayI was asked by a friend of mine ...

Asked by Llewellyn on 22-01-2023 14:55:43
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Good day

I was asked by a friend of mine who is a car sales man of profession, to purchase a vehicle on my name for him.

After a couple of discussions I agreed to help him and git the process on the way. In turn he would give me an amount from the commission he would earn on buying/selling the vehicle.

Unfortunately since day one he did not keep his promises regarding the amount I sgould have recieved as well as payment of the installments 

He eventually managed to make a payment or two towards the installment. But this stopped thereafter and the vehicle was repossessed as I could not afford to pay the installment as I was having my own vehicle that I was paying. 

My question is, is there any way that this person can be held accountable for the outstanding amount own on the account as it now negatively reflects on my credit profile. What are my options as I this is really impacting negatively on my finances and personal life.

Thank you for your assistance. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.