I am writing to express my concern regar...

Asked by Sibusiso Ngwenya on 12-05-2023 08:44:20
Question posted in the National Credit Act Law category relating to Gauteng

I am writing to express my concern regarding an account on my credit record that was prescribed last year in October. This particular account was bought by DMC and has been causing me significant difficulties in trying to secure financing for my dream house.

I have made every effort to have the account removed from my credit record, but unfortunately, my attempts have been unsuccessful. I even opened a case with the credit ombudsman, but to no avail. Instead, I was informed that the account, together with the negative payment history, will remain on my credit record for another five years.

I am deeply troubled by this situation and would like to explore any legal recourse or options that may be available to me. It is disheartening to think that this one account could stand in the way of my dreams and aspirations.

I would appreciate it if you could advise me on any steps that I can take to have the account removed from my credit record. I am willing to do whatever it takes to rectify this situation and would appreciate your assistance in this matter.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.