HI, I need help with my ISP. They have t...

Asked by Coen de Bruin on 27-12-2023 07:36:55
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to North West

HI,  I need help with my ISP.  They have taken my money and they advertise a 500mbps internet line, however they are unable to provide me with more than 150mbps line.  I have bought the premuim service line from them that is supposed to provide me with an unthrottled uncapped line. However they do not have enough bandwidth to deliver on that promise so now they are throttling my line. the reason they cannot provide me with me full line speed is that they have only so much bandwidth and they have outsold the amount they can provide and now they are throttling some users.How can i get them to unthrottle my line?  I have logged several call with them, but they have been helpfull at all. They blame the upstream providers of not being able to provide more bandwith, but they themselves being greedy have outsold more bandwith than they can provide.  They also keep selling more lines to more people knowing they cannot provide the service people will be paying for.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.