Good Day We are small business in the Ca...

Asked by QuintonE on 22-06-2015 13:51:10
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape
Question value: R 200.00

Good Day

We are small business in the Cape Town area.

One of our longest standing employees left the company in Feb 2015. This employee was working for the company since the ompany was founded about 10years ago.

It has come to our attention that this ex-employee has been contacting and servicing some of our current clients. This has had a financially negative impact on our business.
We have requested to meet with the ex-employee to settle the matter and requested that he does not contact our clients. Unfortunately, this ex-employee is not willing to meet with us nor is he willing to stop soliciting our clients.

Unfortunately, this ex-employee never signed a Employment Contract as he started working with the company prior to HR being established.
Our standard employment contract with all employees currently have a restraint of trade in place.

Kndly advise whether we can do anything to stop this ex-employee from soliciting our clients in te future?
Looking forward to your response.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.