This is a very long post. Sorry about th...

Asked by Anonmous on 23-12-2022 12:24:09
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

This is a very long post. Sorry about that.

This whole story is about my husbands sister. She was married to a guy and they had kids together. They got divorced as he was abusing her and the kids.

A few years later she meets a new guy and they get married. She passes away a few years later.

The family decides to let the kids stay by the guy. A year later he marries a new lady that also has kids.

Obviously the family didnt take up the news very well and thats where the drama started. 

The new lady is making them call her mom,even the new ladys parents get called grandma and grandpa whilst the childrens real grandparents are painted as monsters etc. They are basically brainwashing the children so at the end of the day they dont want anything to do with their blood family.

We really dont know which way to go with this,the children are currently under his foster care.

Is there anything we can do legally? Their real father is a NO GO. They kids are all we have left of my husbands sister.

I need legal advice.????

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.