Good day, I have a question with regard ...

Asked by starbucks on 08-09-2017 11:16:54
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day, I have a question with regard to a divorce. My brother filed a divorce in the High Court (Western Cape) in August or September 2015. Since then, his wife has been avoiding and delaying proceedings on purpose. She has not providedthe relevant paper work to settle the matter. Instead, she has threatened to go to the police for child abuse(which is a lie), has at times forbidden him to see his children and has incurred more debt on purpose (for example, she got a 100K loan just two months ago) to add as a liability to the settlement. She is intentionally sabotaging the proceedings and not complying. A notice of bar was served against her in 2015 or 2016 but still nothing. How can we legally force her to come to the round table and settle the matter. She is being difficult and does not wantto go to court either. Please help!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.