good day,my husband signed a 3 month con...

Asked by diana11 on 11-10-2017 07:58:11
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

good day,my husband signed a 3 month contract with an agent for a web developing project for UNISA, as a web developer.  the agreed amount of money the agent were to pay my husband is R30 000 per month.  for August, my husband only received R24600.  he enquired with the agent why only that amount, the agent's response were, i deducted tax.  my husband then asked the agent, ok, please provide me with a payslip, agent came up with some story that it will take time.  my husband worked throughout September. only to find end of September, he did not receive any payment from this agent.  we then emailed the agent, trying to get to the bottom of why no payment was received.  the agent responded by saying that he and other agents on the same project was having discussions and that he will let us know, which he never did, and that he will pay my husband the "salary".  up until now we are still waiting for payment.  we have drafted a letter of demand, which we have not sent out yet.

please help us by guiding us on what the correct procedures are in such a matter.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.