Hi I would like to have some advice a fr...

Asked by LeoniK on 01-06-2018 01:00:22
Question posted in the Landlord Tenant Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

Hi I would like to have some advice a friend of mine she and her boyfriend rented an apartment and it was under her name. She had to live somewhere else due to a change in her work but kept the rental agreement under her name. Then they broke up but stayed good friends. The contract ended in March and no new contract was signed. The owner and the boyfriend and the agency made a new agreement but not sure if it was in writing and is month to month. They gave a month notice a new tenant signed a contract. The deposits of the original contract was never paid out and now is paid to my friend because the original contract is in her name. Now the ex boyfriend is refusing to move out until he gets the deposit and the rental agency is doing an eviction notice on the ex boyfriend. But the qeustion I have is will the eviction be made against my friends name because the original contract is in her name? or because the lease agreement expired and there was a new arrangement between the owner, the agent and the ex boyfriend which mean It falls under his name now will the eviction notice be against his name?  I just want to help my friend not get her name wrongfully damaged and want to give her advice can you help me

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.