The father of my child threatens to sue ...

Asked by EricaL on 01-06-2018 23:49:09
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 100.00

The father of my child threatens to sue me for full custody of our child whenever he doesn't get his way. I asked him do u know how they can aword full custody to the father he said yes if the father has blackmail on the mom or if she uses drugs and drinks and is a bad mom.  But I am not one of those and i not know what he means by blackmail.  We both have lawyer and we busy with a parenting plan but he fights me on everything. So its his weekend with her and because I asked for supervised visitation by my mom' house I told him he should visit here there and he got upset and said now things are gona get ugly and he will sue me for full custody.  Can he and in which cases can a court allow a father full custody. Cause I know for a fact I'm a good mom. He as a father stepped out on us his family a couple of times just to go on boys weekends and lol.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.