Good dayI have resigned from the company...

Asked by MONAjohn on 13-07-2018 11:53:09
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Northern Cape
Question value: R 300.00

Good day

I have resigned from the company 25 June 2018 and gave 4 weeks notice. I was emplyoyed on 1 July 2017. My contract says I can give two weeks notice until one years completed and after the first year  2 months notice. I signed an addedum to contract 5 May and says its effective from 1 March 2018 which replaces the conditions of emplyment. It states effective from 1 March 2018. New salary, new hours per week 42, hours per month 182, new leave: ANNUAL 20 , 2 months notice. It also states that all over conditions of emplyment as stipulated in initial contract remains the same. I only have 14 days leave as present never received 20 annual. The company accepted and acknowledged the resignation, sent me a letter and my pension forms. On the 10 July they sent an e-mail stating I have to work the two months notice and if I don't they will take action and financial deductions shall be made. Can you please assist me with this matter? I dont know how to respond 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.