Good Morning,Need some guidance please? ...

Asked by GerhardM on 25-07-2019 09:00:07
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good Morning,

Need some guidance please? Family matter, theft.As a family we booked a couple of units at a resort for this comming Dec. I made all the deposit payments and have proof of these payments comming from my account to the resport. This was based on the understanding that the famalilies will pay me back before end of July 2019.

Since then a bit of unneccesary family drama and the one family decided not to go anymore. This morning I contacted the resort to ask if we can have a return on the depost of move the funds to one of the other bookings made, R8250.00The resort advised that the deposit was already paid back to the family memberon the 20th of June 2019.

They did not advise us that they already cancelled the booking and also had no right ask for the deposit monies to be transferred to them. The family member now on Wahtsup admitted se did wrong and she stated that she used the funds for another booking at a diffrent resport. I advised that we want our monies back, she stated (also on Whatsup) that she can only give it in Dec. These statements shows admition of guilt that she did steal the depost funds.

How do we get our moniues back? 1st step to make a case with SAPS?Although a small amount, out of principle, this is not right...

Thank you, Gerhard

083 560 5709

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.