Can you help with personal debt recovery...

Asked by Susan Otto on 19-11-2019 15:00:33
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

Can you help with personal debt recovery? What is the cheapest way to find out if a person has any assets? What do sheriffs/police officers/the law do when a person is evasive (won't open the door/ gate) so that a summons cannot be delivered? Is there anybody who can recover the debts on a no collect -no fee basis? What if the person is an American citizen?

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.