I was recently on a website for people o...

Asked by Anonymous on 30-01-2020 10:27:07
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

I was recently on a website for people over the age of 18 plus as this is the required age set out by the website to enter. There was a person that was posting underage contet such as referring that she is 17 but when looked at her age she used it stated 18 as everyone has to be 18 or older. I then responded that i am interested in younger as i was referring to the legal age of 18 as one needs to be. The website banned me due to posting illegal content as it is not allowed to do anything under the age of 18 and referred me to the authorities. I did not respond on the content that she posted i went according to the age that she was logged in with as i do not do under age sexual activities as i know it is illegal and not the tipe of person i am. As i am older i referred to younger and did not mean under age but rather to the legal age of 18. I please want any advice and help that you can give me as i was just misunderstood and would never do anything like that. What can i do as it was really just a mistake and do not want to go to jail.

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.