GoodmorningI need advice please. Me and ...

Asked by MarilizeS on 21-02-2020 11:15:49
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal
Question value: R 400.00


I need advice please. Me and my partner where falsely accused of conspiracy to commit murder by my ex boyfriend. Two disgruntled employees of mine went to him and tried to extort money out of him by saying we ordered them to kill him but he must pay them R 10 000 to stop and not do anything, we had no thing to do wit that they even asmit it in theis state mens.  Long story short we where arrested not read our rights and locked up in Westville prison for 56 days denied bail and the reason was my ex is afraid of me. I have never hurt anyone nor has my partner. We have very good clear names up until now. The Advocate that got us out on bail went to the high court to do that and the judge there said we should never even been arrested. Everyone our lawyer and advocate says the state has no case but yet still we had a pretrial and our court date is set for July this year. We have the complete file and it is so contradicting the one witness says one thing the other something else. No evidence whatsoever but still we go to court. What I would like to know is how can we stop this from going to trial? I have asked our legal team but got no answers. Can they speak to the senior public prosecutor and show him there is no case.  We cannot live like this and wait another 4 months. My ex is speaking to the prosecutor telling her lies about me and much more. But we are hiding away fearing for our lives. My ex and the state witness is looking for us. Why? What do they want to do? We need this case to be thrown out of court as our advocate said he would do but didn't.  My question is can you tell me if a case has advanced this much how do one stop it from continuing further if there is no case? Any advise or help would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.