what are the laws regarding purchasing a...

Asked by Grace on 24-03-2020 12:28:21
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

what are the laws regarding purchasing an RDP house from a person who received the RDP house but now wants to sell it?

The RDP house is in his name and i want to buy it from them. what are the important documents for this kind of transaction.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 26-03-2020 15:34:55

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You need to ensure that he has paid off the house in full. You also need to ensure that he has the right to sell the house. I think that he gets a letter from the Department for that. Then, you need to get a lawyer to draw up a sale agreement, and formally transfer the house to your name at the Deeds Office. Money must only be paid into the lawyer's trust account, not directly to the seller. Ensure that you use a lawyer who has a trust account, and is also a conveyancer!

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.