I'm Sfiso Mokoena I currently live in Ne...

Asked by SfisoM on 29-03-2020 14:56:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 150.00

I'm Sfiso Mokoena I currently live in Newcastle (Kzn)

I'm an informal trader. (Mobile Trader)

RE: I need assistance in legal advice

24 March 2020

I was out of empty take-aways then I went to nizams in Theku Plaza i bought them as I was passing by heading for the entrance of the plaza the manager of cashbuild called me to purchase my goods and we also exchanged everything inside cashbuild Three imbube security guards confiscated or impounded my goods. They took the goods to the Theku Plaza operations manager and just told me straight that they are taking my goods without no explanation or itemized list of the goodsThe names of the people confiscating my goods.They just told me the fine is R100.

I'm HIV + I need food in order for me to take medication and take care of my two children and partner.

1. The procedure was unfair

2. Violated my rights

3. Deprived arbitrary of property

A. Must I sue ?

B. When I open a charge will they compensate me?

C. Can small claims court help me?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.