I got divorced in 2017.Settlement was ag...

Asked by linda on 07-07-2020 13:53:53
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Gauteng

I got divorced in 2017.

Settlement was agreed and signed for half of pension. BUT we were married out of community without accrual.

The pension holder Alexander Forbes refuse pay out because of this.

A judge was approach and conclusion was made that the settlement over rules the ANC as the other party agreed to pay out.

Please guide....

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-07-2020 21:18:37

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

I agree that the court order (which included the settlement agreement) overrules the terms of the ANC and therefore Alexander Forbes needs to comply with the order. 

If they don't, you might need to sue them to comply. 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.