Good dayI am in need of some adviceMy em...

Asked by Merike on 04-08-2020 14:44:13
Question posted in the Malpractice Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day

I am in need of some advice

My employer refuses to pay me for maternity leave although he paid other ladies in the office their full salary when they went on maternity leave

I am the first and only person in the office he doesn't want to pay and I had to apply for UIF benefits( after 3 months still no payment)

My contract does not say anything about uif or payment from him, this is why I am unsure what to do

Awaiting your response 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 15-08-2020 13:21:57

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If it is the company policy that staff get paid in full for maternity, then you are entitled to be treated the same.

If you are not treated the same, you can lay a complaint with the CCMA.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.