Good day in the divorce accrual we are a...

Asked by Lieslgb on 06-08-2020 09:49:56
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day - in the divorce accrual we are arguing about the following:

1. value of the house - house has an offer for R4.8m and he says value is that, my attorneys say no it is that value less the commission from agents

2. my pension funds - he says value as is, my attorneys say no it's that value less tax

3. commencement value - how does one calculate average CPI over the course of 9 years?


Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 15-08-2020 20:06:30

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You don't calculate the average CPI over the last 9 years, you look at the CPI 9 years ago and then the CPI now and you take the commencement value and divide it by the one CPI and multiply it by the second CPI.

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.