Good Morning,Trust you are well and keep...

Asked by AshleyZ on 11-08-2020 11:07:53
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good Morning,

Trust you are well and keeping safe.

I have a question regarding employee contract and the global pandemic.

At the moment we are getting paid the ters benefits and once the hotel (timeshare hotel) opens we will only go back 2 days a week and remain on the ters amount of R3800. This is only a quarter of my salary and my collegue and I both have kids to take care of (she has a husband who works at the same hotel and I am a single mother with no maintenance.)

Question then being, seeing that we are only getting to work 2 days a week with a quarter of our salaries a month, are we allowed to work somewhere else for the other 3 days to make some extra money or make up our salaries to feed our families?

Should our employer deny us, what do we stand to do? Demand full salaries then?

Advice would be highly appreciated.

And lastly, during such a pandemic, are you still required to give a full 30 days notice should you wish to leave or can you request a immediate resignation as you are only working 2 days?

Kind Regards,

Ashley Zeelie

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.