Good DayMy name is Hilton Daniels and la...

Asked by Seanw on 07-09-2020 12:43:23
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

Good Day

My name is Hilton Daniels and last year I opened an account with Teljoy. I bought one of their products. I became unemployed earlier this year February and could not afford my payments. I am married with five kids. Now I have the opportunity for employment again and started up a company, which will provide me with regualar income. Friday I went to the bank to finilise the company's bank account. To my surprise I found out at the bank that Teljoy had me listed as a fraudster. I could not open the account to get paid nor to pay my employees. I had to make alternative measures to be able to make salaries and such. Do they have the right to list me on the fraud list without notifying me first and can they list me on the fraudlist with out a court appearance?

The case was Reported by Teljoy Batch Uploads 2, Teljoy - Film Fun Holdings reasons: Misuse of account, through fraudulent conduct -  Evading liability

the above is what the bank could give me.

please advise 


Hilton Daniels


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.