HIMy Fiance got into a car accident a mo...

Asked by Nadine on 16-09-2020 11:34:42
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape


My Fiance got into a car accident a month or 2 back. He drove into a poll trying to avoid the other car that was pulling out of the drive way without warning.. For some reason, according to the people from the other car, he hit their car as well.

He hit his head pretty hard against the steering wheel and was dizzy from impact. He needed some help as he couldn't even walk straight. They are now claiming that he was drunk as they have a video to prove it and want 31 Thousand for damages to their car.

I have images of their car as well as my fiances car. His car is currently still in the fixing process as its taking him this long to get it fixed.

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 18-09-2020 10:24:58

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

If he was not drunk, he must not admit that he was drunk! That is important! 

Att. Patrick

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.