Good day Ive not been working I lost my ...

Asked by Prinsloo on 11-12-2020 12:18:17
Question posted in the Property Law category relating to Western Cape

Good day Ive not been working I lost my job I've got 2 kids I'm a single parent trying to. To survive I've been renting but since I'm not working I couldn't pay rent anymore plus then the covid19 started things has been tough my landlord gave me notice witch I think it's fair but it's been hard finding a place for me and the kids boy 10 girl 14 today I'm on the last I need to be out today with no we're to go what must or can I do 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 14-12-2020 18:47:10

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You must remember that you have certain rights to housing, which means that your landlord has to evict you from the property through a court order. He can't just kick you out!

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.