Morning, I have a few questions. My boyf...

Asked by Malebo on 08-01-2021 07:37:16
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

Morning, I have a few questions. My boyfriend who I have a child with passed away in December. My son is his only child. So I'm having difficulties getting the death certificate from the deceased's mother. 

Q1: do I as the mother of the deceased's only child has a right to request a reprint of the death certificate? 

Q2: how do I get the death report if the deceased's mother refuses to give it to us

Q3: I read in the justice high court that we going to need affidavit from the deceased's next of kin, who qualifies as the next of kin in this case(eccept the deceased 's mother) 

Q4: the deceased was in the military so the military already started the process to get my son child pension from his father 's pension since his father did not have a will his son automatically became his beneficiary. If I claim the deceased 's estate is it going to affect the child pension process? 

Q5: how do I verify which estates where still active or still his in the deceased's name 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.