Hi..My parents are divorced and they wer...

Asked by Anonymous on 19-01-2021 11:53:02
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to North West

Hi..My parents are divorced and they were married in community of property.When my dad left he didn't take anything from the house including furniture,his clothes and the car.My mother sold the car that was still in my dad's name even though it backfired since she did this without my dad's consent my dad my surprised to get letters from the high court about a matter he was not aware of the matter came to rest when the buyer passed away and the case never really continued..She recently got married to another man and left the house and rented it out and took the money as extra income since she is working and the recent husband is not.My dad has 3 children with her I'm the oldest and she refuses to split the rent money amongst us(my siblings and I).My dad wants to change ownership of the house from his name as the house is still in his name to mine as I'm the oldest so I can rent out the house to support my siblings and I.Is my mother still entitled to the house since she got divorced and got married again to another man.Does she have any chance in court with this matter against her kids?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.