Hi there can you please help me with adv...

Asked by Dimitra on 02-02-2021 10:01:52
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi there can you please help me with advise regarding purchasing a 2nd hand vehicle by a car dealership? 

I know if you buy a second hand car there can be minor issues which is fine. I understand that. But when I bought the car I made it clear I needed a reliable car with no rust whatsoever because I have 2 small kids and I'm a single parent.

I have replaced the gear lever... fixed the handbrake..  serviced the car.. fixed minor things. Fixed the cabbihole.

But yesterday the breaks went and when they removed the wheels they saw that the chassy was so rusted...it has a huge hole underneath the car :( .. this was the 1 thing I made clear to the dealership that I couldn't take a rusted car once again because I'm a single parent with 2 kids.  I have contacted the dealer  of the car 3 x. 

There is no.way I can get this car through road worthy. I am already in a financial situation because I keep having to fix the car. I have had the car for just under 3 month... there are still more issues on the car. :( the suspension is gone... the CVS need to be done. Needs a new water bottle... it has a leak aswell. I'm really upset I feel done in. Lied to

What can I do? Can you please help me?

Is there anyway I have a legal right to get back my money? The car is in better condition that I bought it.  I just want my R26000 that I paid for car even though iv spent alot already on stuff I had fixed.

Kind regards Dimitra 



If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.