Hi would like to find out if I can get a...

Asked by Anonymous on 07-02-2021 23:31:52
Question posted in the Criminal Law category relating to Northern Cape

Hi would like to find out if I can get arrested for the following. in December 2020 I got an escorts number on the internet, I did whatsapp her and ask her a bit out about herself. and for example how many men she slept with, I've never met her in person. and never had phonesex with her. I only ask her a few questions. and on 6 January 2021 I have received an call from an police officer saying on the 4 of December 2020 a lady opened a case against me. and I have to pay 5000 rand so that they can stop the order that I wont get arrested. can I come in trouble or get arrested for talking to her

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 08-02-2021 10:15:26

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You are getting yourself involved in a scam. I guarantee you that if the police officer was asking for R5000 to stop the order, that he is either a fake police officer, or a corrupt police officer! 

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.