i have been scammed when i was buyting a...

Asked by amandlan on 09-03-2021 12:49:21
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

i have been scammed  when i was buyting a car in jhb. 222000. i went to capitec branch they closed the account of the scammer. they requested a case no to withdraw the remaing money. when i went agian with case number the told me that they released the funds. but they know its a scam. what can i do with this situatiion. it was february 2020 

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 10-03-2021 15:43:03

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

You're going to have to follow through with the SAPS complaint. Get SAPS to investigate who the scammers were, how they opened the bank account, and where the money was paid to. The SAPS need to get the scammers! They stole the money. 

Then, you can sue the scammers in civil court to get your money back.

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.