I need advice I was involved in an acci...

Asked by Anonymous on 02-04-2014 22:48:30
Question posted in the Insurance Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

I need advice I was involved in an accident the person involved said that he doesn't want to talk to me if I don't have insurance it was on 08/10/2013 and now in January 2014 the insurance called me demanding a payment but om the call the lady said that the assessment declared the vehicle unfit for economical meaning the car was strapped. Now I saw the car up and running and when asked the lady from insurance told me that the owner of the vehicle opted to fix his vehicle. So now the invoice that they sent yo me it's only for the towing and they want payment as per assessment done. I know that they didn't fix their clients vehicle and I requested a quotation or invoice from the panel beater they used ungy they can't supply with that information instead they send me a draft copy of total amount that i must pay them
I suspect a criminal activity on this matter. I am situated in pretoria

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.