9 weeks ago I left my car which needed r...

Asked by David C on 07-04-2021 10:30:34
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

9 weeks ago I left my car which needed repair with a local garage. The instruction was to investigate if the car could be fixed and if it was repairable to proceed. I added a caveat that if it was not possible to find after-market parts I was prepared to pay for genuine KIa parts. 

8 weeks later, last week I was told that the preparation work for re-building the engine was complete and that all that was necessary was for 2 parts required to be sourced and obtained.

I gave the go ahead to the garage to obtain the parts from the local Kia Parts Dept (they were available I had checked).

Yesterday I spoke to the owner of the garage and was told he would investigate why the job was not being done and that he would get back to me this morning. He did not! 

I contacted him at 10pm and for the fourth time told him to obtain the parts and to proceed. His response was to tell me he would get back to me with infirmation , after lunch. 

I then asked what possible further information he could come back to me with when all that was necessary was to obtain the parts an proceed with the job? He Hung up on me and now niether he or any of his staff will answer my calls!

How do I get my car back? 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.