Hi there, My name is Cafton Hendriks. MY...

Asked by CaftonH on 07-05-2021 14:09:59
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Hi there, My name is Cafton Hendriks. MY daughter is 2 years of age and her father has went for his legal rights claiming that he does not see her. He does however physically and mentally abuse me and does daga and drinks alcohol everyday. An Advocate contacted me stating that the father wants to see my daughter as follows:  two weeks with me and two weeks with her. What are my rights as a mother, how do a fight this as he has provided personal info about me. My step father touched himself in front of me while he was sleeping and woke up. The father of my child used this against me and has told social workers he is concerned. They kept her in my custody as I am a good mother. The father is indian and I am coloured and the father told the advocate that I called him racial names. And that I tried to kill myself once which is correct due to all of his abuse. Please help I dont know what to do. I am a good mother. He is using financial power as a step up over me I dont want to lose my daughter to a drug user and abuser!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.