Good dayI just found out my boss is comi...

Asked by Leonette on 06-07-2021 14:07:12
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

Good day

I just found out my boss is comitting fraud. SARS told me when I phoned for a clients informationand I had to give my boss's practitioner details. SARS said my boss just filled in his name ons his wifes practitioner profile. So he is not actually a registered practitioner.

So now I want to resign. My notice period is 4 weeks in the contract but can I make it 2 weeks. If he wants to sue me then I will say well you comitted fraud so you were already damaging your own business

Answer to the Question

Posted by Att. Patrick on 07-07-2021 16:58:58

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment.

No, you would need to work out your 4 weeks notice.

Also, didn't you boss perhaps just fill in his name on his wife's income tax because he submitted it for her? And not really intending to commit fraud?

Are you not perhaps getting too worried about this?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required payment, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make payments for their questions.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.