Asked by Lilian on 27-08-2021 17:32:53
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Limpopo

Hi there... I contracted someone to do artificial grass and jungle gyms for me at payment of 50 000 and 30 000 deposit.. He started with the grass but i was suprised to learn its put on direct sand... Even in between the is still gaps not nicely fitted...

Then he bought low budget thin poles not fit to do swings even and used them.. Then he tells me his job is done... I ask how cos i dont see slides the swings are not even vanished.. I told him il not give him his balance im not happy with anything... He says he ran out of budget but hows that my problem? He gave me an invoice for everything!!

When communicating he blames me saying my budget of 50 000 was little.. Im confused cos its him who did the quote.. Which clearly states what will be the end product which is nowhere near what im seeing now

I told him to leave site il find someone else... He insisted hel replace da poles of swings i said no.. Iv seen the kind of job he does already and im already not happy with it.. Was i wrong to say that?? In all honesty the job he did yoh its terrible..

Now theres a lawyer who called me saying iv singed.. I must pay.. Its a must to pay for service im not happy with and incomplete? 

Please advise me

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.