Good dayI am a law student Namibian base...

Asked by Sorica on 31-10-2021 01:33:02
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Free State

Good day

I am a law student Namibian based I really need advice on legal issue that's in line with the South African law. Currently, my mom and I are faced with a situation where she and dad are married in community of property but estranged for the past 28+ years. To date he never contribute a single dollar to assist with our upbringing. Fast forward in a month's time he will retire from SAPS and he requested her documentation specifically her ID claiming he needs it for her pension.

He also failed to provide us with relevant documentation just to gain thorough insight on the matter. Can you kindly assist on how we can go about regarding this issue. As a young woman I strive to fight for my mom's rights that were infringed for the past 28 years. 

Please take note I am Namibian based

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.