Would like to find out about the termina...

Asked by Alexandra on 27-05-2022 18:32:51
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Western Cape

Would like to find out about the termination of parental rights (removing the fathers name of the birth certificate)What documents would be required

what conditions would need to be met

any additional information?

Brief summary:unmarried / never resided together / never a couple

fathers name is on the birth certificate

Father not involved since july 2019 (2 years and 10 months)

child is now 3 years and 4 months old

no contact or financial support

since july 2019

only partial payments over 4-5 months

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.