hi i recently toke a vichle out on finan...

Asked by eru on 29-11-2022 15:12:31
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Gauteng

hi i recently toke a vichle out on finance 2 weeks ago as for work i didnt get to drive it few days ago i drove it not less then 100km and it overeheated which there i stopped and switched off and got some1 to tow me home i there fore phoned the dealership ownder and explained the issue he then said he will pick it up and check i didnt recivie any feedback as yet so i got my uncle them to go have a look at it at the dealership where they saw that it is leaking oil as well i requested from the dealership i am not accepting the vichle but i had a old vichle which was finance aswell which i traded it in and they settled the bank can i request for my old vichle back and the bank can just put everything back to how it was or must the dealer give me something else in return which i dont think they have anything 

what should i do?

Message from the Lawyer

Posted by Att. Patrick on 03-12-2022 21:14:17

Hi there,

I see that you haven't made a payment for the question, but I'm going to assist you a little. If you want to ask a follow-up question, please make the required payment, even if it is R150 or R200.

Was it a new vehicle that you bought, or was it a second-hand vehicle?

Att. Patrick 

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow-up questions please make the required deposit, then use the REPLY button and ask your further question. I would like to continue assisting you, but I need to concentrate on people who make deposits for their questions - they get serviced first!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.