Hello, I need your help regarding my fla...

Asked by Maria on 12-03-2023 23:48:56
Question posted in the Consumer Protection Law category relating to Limpopo

Hello, I need your help regarding my flat, which was nearly auctioned off using someone else's name by the managing agency Midcity in Pretoria, now my flat is in distress and I need to sell but can't because of the levies owed, I relocated to Polokwane in 2017 due to my mom's illness and her passing, so I am not working, I'm self employed and was hit by covid 19 my business was badly affected and I'm still trying to rebuild, I had a case with Midcity in 2013/14 tried to negotiate and settle the matter amicably, we even applied to court for rescission of judgement, the case never went anywhere, they kept quiet about the levies until now that there's a prospective buyer now they say I owe R325000, and the flat is selling for R400000 and must still settle the bond and other things, according to me their debt is prescribed and that this levy thing is all mixed up, they made me suffer a lot emotionally and mentally, this thing haunts me, thinking I have small kids and I just hustling and I might lose my only home for my kids or get nothing out of it, nothing was done to the whole issue since 2014, I think to to the debt is prescribed and must be written off.


If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.