To whom it may concern. I am currently i...

Asked by Anonymous on 29-03-2023 13:00:04
Question posted in the General Law category relating to KwaZulu-Natal

To whom it may concern. I am currently in a situation where I am being stalked by a work colleagues ex wife, and she is now threatening my job, saying she is going to contact my employer. They are in a process of a divorce, him and I have been seeing each other for about +- 3 months now, but very on the down low due to her being a bit unreasonable. We do not hang out at each others premises and go to places which are very private as to just keep the peace. However, over this weekend she has somehow found out about us, and she keeps stalking me on social media (Facebook) She somehow managed to get my number from another work connection (which I gave no permission for) and she continued to try and contact me on Saturday evening. I have nothing to do with her and I was not the cause of the divorce. They have been fighting a divorce for the past year and have been separated since last year February.I would just like to know if there is anything I can do to get her to stop stalking me, as I feel now my life is a bit restricted because I can’t do anything without fear that she may see me, and jeopardise my job, as well as make my life very uncomfortable. Please do let me know. Kind regards,Kelly Webb

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.