My name is Moeketsi Eliah Koko ID No:771...

Asked by Moeketsi Koko on 25-04-2023 23:41:41
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

My name is Moeketsi Eliah Koko ID No:771024 538408 3 I worked as a fixed term contract TLB operator at Tshipi e Ntle Manganese mining from 03/11/2020  till 28/02/2023.

I was working in a space for someone who was sick until he was given another position in a company and his position became available and was advertised. I applied and called on an interview on the 24 February 2023. On the 27 February 2023. Background check was done and I declared my criminal record as I have criminal record.

Since then I have been left in the dark as there is no clear answer whether my application was successful or my record disadvantaged me. It's been 2 months now unemployed and confused as there is no direction. 

So I would like to know if is it correct to work for a company for 2 years 3 months with criminal record, showing corporation and dedication in my work and displaying experience and skill to their satisfaction when they need permanent candidate I become disadvantaged by my background.

Can you assist me with this matter as I am unemployed and desperately in need of a job. Can I get a help to be reinstated in my job. 

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.