In 2019 i lost my job informed the Prima...

Asked by Leo on 23-05-2023 14:51:50
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Eastern Cape

In 2019 i lost my job informed the Primary school.  i had two kids at the school and at the time i owed R2800 plus R7800. i was unemployed since.  in Oct 2022 i received a job and opted to settle both accounts but by then the school handed me over to their lawyers in Feb/March 2022.  according to the lawyers they sent out summons that i never receveid but in may 2022 the lawyers opted to put judgements gainst our names.  in june 2022 the lawyers contacted us and we made arrangements to start paying 1 july 2022, and is paying ever since.  upon asking the lawyers for settlement amounts the amounts given is R6283.13 and R13329.12.  when asked why the amounts is so high this after we've been paying monthly, the response was that it was the monthly interest.  when asked howmuch of that will go to the school since the amount's owing to the schools was way less, no response from the lawyers or the school.  how do i go about challenging this.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.