I tooked my daughters car in for full bo...

Asked by Elsie on 06-09-2023 15:01:15
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Mpumalanga

I tooked my daughters car in for full body repair and respray in 29 August 2022 with the promise to receive it back before closure in December for festive season. We never received the car in December but with the promise that we will receive it first week after opening in January 2023. We also never received the car then, needless to say still up to date we did not received the vehicle, it is more than a year now. Every week a promise that we will receive it the next week, and so is it going on and on every week. It doesn't matter if I threaten them, they just don't care. So today I have lost my shit and told them I don't care if they work till one o'clock at morning I want the vehicle, so he once again promised me that I can get the vehicle next week Friday. Take note that I paid the full amount already, except for extra work that needs to be done. My question now is what can I do regarding this matter and what is my rights?

Can I keep him accountable for compensation for inconvenience?

Thank you.

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.