My husband had a judgement granted again...

Asked by Anonymous on 04-12-2023 17:14:49
Question posted in the General Law category relating to Western Cape

My husband had a judgement granted against his name in September 2022., but the attorney who ordered it will  not send us the bill of costs to pay so that we can get it rescinded, as it suits his client to have a judgement against us. so that as it  is still a legal matter AAAMSA cannot get involved to give us a glass certificate, so council can give our client a certificate of compliance to insure his house.

Is there anything we can do,?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.