I have a 14 months baby with a man who's...

Asked by Cathy Lerato Racoco on 14-03-2024 16:50:18
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to North West

I have a 14 months baby with a man who's controlling, who's emotionally and verbally abusive. He threatens to sue me or take the baby away from me and yet claims I'm alienating him from having access with the baby and that's not true.

He wants the baby to be introduced to his new girlfriend, and as a mother I'm not comfortable as I've seen how their lifestyle is. Full of hubbly, alcohol, gays, friends, nightclubs. What should I do? Honestly this is emotionally draining for me cos he even insults me and calls me an unstable bitter ex baby mama.

I've told him multiple times he's allowed to come and visit the baby as much as he likes, but he's not yet allowed to take the baby for overnight visits as she's only be allowed for that when she's 3 years old+. Now I'm being threatened, and called names.

What can I do?

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on South African Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. South African Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not South African Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.