Can you ask you x husband to assist fina...

Asked by Monica Horn on 12-02-2015 13:57:48
Question posted in the Family Law category relating to Gauteng
Question value: R 300.00

Can you ask you x husband to assist financially to get a bigger place for you and the kids?
Is there a maintenance law that states that the kids must stay in the same inviroment as before the divorce.
He is paying me maintenance for booth boys R1500 p child. Both boys are staying with me since last year Aug after he assulted the oldest. The welfare took the kids and put them in my care. I am staying is a small 2 bedroom flat that I bought 2 years ago. My one son stayed with me for 3 years and went to his dad last year January. Now bith boys 14 & 16 have to share a room and it;s a disater. The oldest assualted his brother that stiches had to be inserted into his head.

They fight constantly and are in eachothers space. The flat is too small and I can't affiord a bigger place.

Is there something in the maintenance law that I can ask for financial assiatnce for a bigger place?

Please let me know?


Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.