I have been divorced from my husband for...

Asked by Anonymous on 11-04-2018 16:07:26
Question posted in the Divorce Law category relating to Eastern Cape
Question value: R 0.00

I have been divorced from my husband for 5 years now, I was married for 11 years.in the divorce decree I received my share of his provident for the 11 years of marriage but no maintenance order was made as he was unemployed. He started working permanently tht same year n don't fully contribute half of me and the children (2 children) expenses or school fees. My question is if he is getting a large payout from he's previous employer, they call it Surplus money, am I not entitled to some of that money? 

Ask your OWN Legal Question!

If you would like to view the entire answer, you will need to either login or register a FREE account.


DISCLAIMER: Advice or answers from Lawyers on SA Legal Advice are not substitutes for the proper advice of an Lawyer. SA Legal Advice is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Lawyer who assists with your question is not your Lawyer, and the response above is not to be considered to be legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains. The responses above are from individual Lawyers, not SA Legal Advice. The site and services are provided “as is”. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service.